Saturday, February 6, 2010

Volvo, FTW…

Hey… something finally happened in my life.  Yeah!

After months of hemming and hawing, arguments with the 2 mes, and lots and lots of false starts, I finally got a car.

I haven’t had one for 1 year and 10 days.  Not since this.

In the end it came down to the Audi Allroad Quattro v. the Volvo XC90.

The Volvo Won.

I love the Audi.  Probably too much.  It was my emotional choice.  The Volvo was the far more practical choice… although also more expensive.

I love it.

I need to get it outfitted for mountain biking and probably snowboarding with a complete Yakima rack kit and then I’ll be ready to get back the lifestyle I want to be living… outdoors and adventurous.

I get to put the AWD capabilities to the test this weekend when I drive up to Brian Head to go snowboarding in Southern Utah.  They’re expecting another snowstorm the day I drive up.  Should be a miserable drive driving leading to a fantastic day boarding.

Bring it.