Tuesday, May 19, 2009

How Competitive Am I?

When Holly announced she was running for student body president a few weeks ago I took it as my short-term mission in life to make sure she won that election.

I mean, how would it look if a supposedly big-time marketer couldn’t get his daughter elected student body president?  Exactly, right?

Of course, it helps that Holly has popularity and charisma to spare.  That makes it easier.

But that’s not enough… I wanted something the kids would be talking about for weeks.

So Holly gave her election speech as an American Idol parody that she says kids still quote her on every day at school (that was 2 weeks ago).

And I gave her what little boost I could.  Friday is my usual day to go to lunch with Holly or Sierra.  I moved it to Monday of election week and had Lauren make up a little something special for me to wear…

Holly Pres Tattoo 1 Holly Pres Tattoo 2 Holly Pres Tattoo 3

Yep… those are tattoos.

And apparently when your dad shows up for lunch with election tattoos on his bald head it’s a ready-made recipe for *lots* of buzz.

Go figure.

Now I’m almost as famous as Holly.

Oh yeah… and Holly won.  Of course.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the 2009-10 Quail Run President-Elect… Holly Harward.