Sunday, January 10, 2010

1 out of 2 isn’t very satisfying…

I picked one of the two NFL games today.

I got the Jets pick right (which nobody else seemed to see coming).  So that’s cool.

But I got the Eagles pick wrong… and that is aggravating to no end.

Not only do I like the Eagles… I despise the Cowboys.  With a vengeance.

The only good news out of all this is that Jerry Jones will probably keep Wade Phillips as their coach.  Which should keep them from winning the SuperBowl for at least a few more years.

Although, at this point, I have to admit that Tony Romo is frightening.  I don’t like his emergence at all.

And it still just ticks me off that the Eagles didn’t even show up for this game.

I mean, if you watched the game, Dallas couldn’t have done any more to hand the game to the Eagles at the start of the game.  But it was like the Eagles wanted to show the Cowboys that they wanted to win even less than the Cowboys.

And slowly the Eagles gave Dallas every single opportunity to get their mojo back.  And it was over.  It was over when Wade Phillips won his challenge of the Romo interception.

Done.  Even though it was the first quarter.

Aaaargh!  I just want to scream.  (which would be a really bad idea since it’s almost 3:00am).

I know nobody that reads this will care.  Heck, I shouldn’t care.

But sports is one of those things that can just get my blood boiling.  And I *hate* it when my teams lose.  And I hate it even more when they lose to the Cowboys.

And now I have to revise my predictions and say that the Cowboys will be in the NFC championship game after they beat the Vikings next week.  And writing that just made my throw up in my mouth a little.

But here’s my new dream…

Cards win tomorrow, then get by the Saints the following week (I’m less confident of that now… but very doable).  Then *we* get the opportunity to knock out the ‘Boys in their own house.

Oh, that would be sweet!

The other side of that, though, would be if the Cowboys beat the Cards.  Then I might just go on a 4 state shooting spree.