Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Goodbye Las Vegas…

Last time I came to Vegas I splurged and rented a stretch Escalade limo to take the family out on the strip.  I thought that was pretty cool.

Last night, however, I experienced what doing Vegas right really looks like.

I went over to my friend’s (Amish Shah) place at the MGM Grand.

Whoa.

I get nice rooms in Vegas.  Typically 2 bedroom suites with marble floors and the works.

Ummm… yeah.

Amish was staying in the MGM Grand skylofts.  And it not even the same world over there.

IMG_0237

I felt like I was going to see the president with all the security.

And the wait staff was constantly doing anything asked.  Anything.

The room itself had two master suites upstairs with gigantic walk in closets (apparently there’s also a 3 bedroom version that’s over 6,000 sf).

Downstairs is an entertainment room complete with a pool table, 2 living rooms, 2 sitting rooms, a casual dining room, a formal dining room, and several other smaller rooms.

IMG_0238

It was cool.

Yes… I’m 40 years old.  And I still think big hotel rooms are cool.

Lucy would have flipped out.

I’m heading back home today.  I’m a little stressed because when I booked this trip I completely forgot that I’m an institute teacher.  And I teach on Tuesdays.  And today is Tuesday.

So I’m scrambling to get out of here earlier than I planned so I can make in back home with enough time to prepare my lesson and get to institute by 7:00pm.

At least I’m not losing an hour to DST.

Oh, wait.  I am?  Gotta go.

Good times.